GH2 was selected by the Courthouse Renovation Trust Board to provide complete architectural services for a rehabilitation of and addition to the Delaware County Courthouse in Jay, Oklahoma. The existing Courthouse was constructed by the WPA in 1941 and had become insufficient to meet the needs of the County.
GH2 began work on the project by developing a detailed architectural program, which outlined the spatial requirements of all County offices. Of special concern was the condition of the county jail, located in the existing basement that had been under sanctions from the State Department of Health for building code violations.
Working closely with the County officials and employees, GH2 developed a design to meet all scope and budget requirements. This design included a new two level addition connected to the existing courthouse at the main floor level. Some County offices were moved to the new addition and the existing courthouse was carefully rehabilitated to provide appropriate office and public spaces for the County Clerk, Treasurer, and County Assessor.