Beta Theta Pi Fraternity Rehabilitation and Expansion
GH2 provided full architectural services for the proposed rehabilitation of and addition to the Gamma Phi Chapter House of Beta Theta Pi Fraternity at the University of Oklahoma. The original structure, constructed in 1927, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was constructed utilizing Indiana limestone in the Italian Renaissance style by noted local architect Harold Gimeno.
The new four-level addition includes a large study hall, a new multi-use dining room, full kitchen and canteen, and new sleeping rooms on the upper levels. The addition effectively doubles the size of the house, and provides additional amenities and updated living quarters. The addition was carefully planned to integrate with the existing house, while not having an adverse affect on the historic appearance of the primary front elevation.